Offered for the first time in 25 years, this 6 bedroom beauty combines the open spaces, natural light and technology upgrades from 21st century renovations, with the lovingly preserved elegance, materials and craftsmanship of an 1890’s Victorian, all located within 5 minutes walking distance from Fillmore Street’s restaurants and shopping, Alta Plaza and Lafayette Parks, and some of San Francisco’s best schools.
A sunny eat-in chef’s kitchen with family area, designed by Dan Phipps, looks out onto park-like gardens. The adjoining dining room opens to the kitchen for family dinners, or closes to transport guests to a classical formal dining experience wrapped in perfectly maintained old-growth boiserie.
The home also features an elegant formal living room, spacious family room and wired home office with water views. This rare find is rich in period detail and has incredible volume.
- 4,820 sq ft per graphic artist*
- 6 Bedrooms, 3 full and 2 half baths
- Elegant period details such as 11 foot+ ceiling height, hardwood floors with rosewood inlays, moldings, and wooden paneling
- Spacious master suite with an airy sitting room
- Children will delight in carpeted secret passages connecting different rooms, even different floors. A playroom for them opens to the garden
- A large, sunlit attic space, fully wired, makes a grand office with views from Golden Gate Park to the San Francisco Bay
- 2 car garage (tandem) plus one in driveway
- Plentiful storage throughout
- Originally built by a shipwright using old growth redwood framing and nautical joinery techniques.
- 30 foot wide lot (per tax records) means house is detached on 4 sides and sunny and bright
- Wonderful location just blocks to parks, Fillmore Street amenities, many top schools. Walk Score 95, “Walker’s Paradise”
*Square footage has not been verified by seller or seller’s agent. Buyer to independently investigate and verify.